Saturday, September 8, 2012

INSOMNIA! Sometimes it's a good thing!

This is what happens when I can't sleep at night!!! I go on line, watch u-tube videos and get some great ideas - then it's time to hit the studio and create - create - create!!! I watched an amazing paper artist (Angie) create the cute little mummy candy holder and the envelope candy holder.  So I just had to try them - Thanks Angie -

The mummy is just torn bamboo card stock. I put mine only on the front, but you could go all the way around - Colonial white cardstock with Desert Sand sponged on the edges would be really cute too. I like the red bling on the mummy eyes - makes them really scarey!!!

While I was putting the mummy together I thought the top of the pillow box looked like owl ears - so, nothing better to do - I made an owl candy holder.Both pillow boxes were cut at 3 1/2" from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I cut the owl feathers and face from some discontinued polka dot paper with the Artiste Cartridge at 3 1/2" (with real dial size off) since I wanted it to fit my 3 1/2" box :~) . I also gave the owl some of the amber bling in his eyes. I think it just makes him look wiser!

The coffin was cut at 3 1/2" also from the Artiste Cartridge, and the skull was cut at 1" (with the real dial size on) and just popped it up with a foam dot!

What can you fit into these cute little candy holders? Tootsie rolls, small packs of M&M's, Peanut Butter cups, the possibilities are endless.

I hope these will give you some inspiration to make some really cute candy holders for your special 'Trick-or-Treaters.

Thanks for stopping by  -

Now to get creative and get my items ready for the next Workshop on The Go Blog Hop and the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! Coming soon! Watch for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment