Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stamp of the Month - September




Welcome to our monthly Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! On the 15th of each month we will be showcasing the current SOTM set with various projects created by talented Close to my Heart consultants. If you are visiting from Pam Stewart's then you are on the right track, if not please start at the beginning with her!
For all you fall lovers out there the "Fall Favorites" (S1209) will surly catch your eye!  This stamp set will turn out to be one of your favorites, especially after you see all the wonderful artwork done on this blog hop.
This is my creation! While I was in the studio gold leafing a pumpkin for my fall table I remembered a fun technique taught by Jill at Stamp Paradise (now closed, so sad). The cute little pumpkins in this stamp set worked out great for this technique.

S1209 - Fall Favorites - September Stamp of the Month
First I stamped the pumpkins with our brown staz-on ink on a piece of acetate and let it dry. Then I turned it over and painted the back of the pumpkins, stems and leaves only with the Bonding Memories glue pen. I let it get a little tacky then applied the gold leaf. I used bits and pieces of the gold leaf and had some with different colors so I used some of the green colored leafing for the stem and leaves - I hope it shows okay in the picture. I backed it with some 'quilted' honey card stock and framed it with one of the fun cards on Art Philosophy!
The little 3x3 card is made using the same pumpkins and our fun new alcohol pens.

Thanks for stopping by - Now if the goblins of cyber space have gotten you lost along away here is the list of all the talented consultants who are participating in this month’s blog hop!   Hmmmm I guess I was the only one to participate in this hop!
So thanks for stopping by -

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards, very creative. But how do I get to the rest of the hop?

    ReplyDelete